Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today's Operation

So today was supposed to be another wound vac change. That is what is protecting his calf muscle and preparing it for skin. Well Karsen was running a fever from about 5pm till today. Karsen's Ortho doc was concerned it was an infection in his leg so she wanted to do the change in the OR so that she could clean it out right there if it needed it. He ended up going into surgery at 3:30 and I knew it was going to be fast and smooth I was worried there would be an infection. I also had a hard time because as they wheeled him away he cried for momma over and over. Saddest thing I ever heard I told him he was ok and I loved him and would see him after his nap. I then turned around an broke down. I pulled myself together to go get some food we went down to the cafeteria and nothing sounded good.

Early that day I received a phone call from Jared the guy that Kim Cowdell set up to come pick up my car and have it detailed. Mind you I have not been in the car since we got here. Rick had and said it was getting pretty stinky. Well Kim, Krista Johnson and the rest of my Mary Kay sisters set up for this wonderful guy to come pick up my car and take care of it. He had called this morning to tell me it was in the parking lot ready for me. I told Rick I am starving we have 30 minutes lets go to 400 S. everything is there. So we went to the car and this guy is AMAZING no signs of the blood or any smell. I was so grateful that I wouldn't have to see it again. THANK YOU TO ALL MY MARY KAY SISTERS YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!! We darted out of there and went to Subway. It was yummi...

We came back and as we were eating with Amber, Casey and Riley the Dr. came in and told us there was nothing to worry about and that it all looked great. I WAS SO HAPPY! As you could imagine. But it still didn't explain the fever. We have done lots of tests and really no explanation yet. But we did get him out playing and moving today and that helped him a lot. They told us it would so it pays to play. He is doing good now. I promised him fruit snacks when he woke up so he had 4 bags and 2 things of pudding and requested blue Gatorade. FYI there is none in this hospital so Ginger and Tammy were here and so graciously said we will run to 711 and get him some. He was happy and played playdoh for a little bit. He is now hanging out coloring in his coloring book and chillin' with dad watching a movie.

Thanks again for all the prayers. I know without a doubt Heavenly Father is listening. I asked my brother to help Rick give Karsen a blessing this morning and I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my family. I am so grateful for a wonderful Father in Heaven that is blessing us beyond belief in this time of need.

Anyhow

No comments:

Post a Comment